Parks and Open Spaces
Knebworth Parish Council is responsible for a number of parks in the parish: Knebworth Recreation Grounds, Lytton Fields Playspace and King George V Playing Fields, Park Lane, old Knebworth
Settle Housing Association is responsible for Cherry Close Play Space
Knebworth Recreation Grounds
This is the largest managed open space and was open to the public in 1929. The site is divided by lime avenue with accessible footpaths.
Vehicular access is off Watton Road, with pedestrian access of Watton Road, Stevenage Road and Oakfields Avenue.
There is a well-equipped play area for children aged 3-14 years old.
The recreation grounds are well used for sports, it has football pitches, four floodlit tennis court and Bowling Green.
It is used to walk through and for dog walking.
Trained leaders for Health Walks use the Watton Road recreation grounds as their start and finish points for their fortnightly health walks.
Stepping Stone Preschool operates from the pavilion making full use of the environment.
Lytton Fields play space
This recreational space is on the western side of the village. It has a well-equipped play space with a variety of equipment for all age ranges.
The site is can be accessed from Lytton Fields, Gibbons Way and Stockens Dell.
King George V play space
This recreational play space off Park Lane in Old Knebworth. The land is flanked on one side by houses, but is in a quiet, rural setting overlooking fields on the others. There is an equipped play area. The grass is maintained and there is a small area left uncut for wildflowers and to attract wildlife.